Monday, January 19, 2015

The Nurse Keith Show, Episode #2

In episode #2 of "The Nurse Keith Show", I challenge my listeners to consider what they love about their careers, what lights them up, and what they want more of. Conversely, I also ask my listeners to consider the aspects of their nursing or healthcare careers that aren't working for them anymore, and what they'd like to change.

I challenges you to think about how you feel when you report to work, and what the nature of your relationships with your colleagues is like. I ask you to ponder what you feel in your gut about the patient population with whom you work, what kind of environment you work in, and how it feeds you---or fails to.

In the course of this episode, I also share stories and anecdotes from my own nursing career, including my experiences just out of nursing school, as well as my current position as Director of Nursing of a home health agency in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

If you want to give your career trajectory some deep thought, listen to this episode of "The Nurse Keith Show", and ponder the deeper questions as they relate to your nursing career.

No comments: