Sunday, January 18, 2015

Digital Doorway is Ten Today!

I almost forgot, folks! Today marks the 10th anniversary of Digital Doorway. I can't believe that this blog, which started from quite humble and ignorant beginnings, has become one of the most popular nursing blogs on the Internet! (Have we really reached "double digits"?) And it's all thanks to you (and a little help from Google)!

Back in 2005, my brother suggested that I try my hand at starting a blog, and my first few years of blogging on this platform were focused more on my personal musings, and the ways in which I perceived the world.

At some point, I noticed that my work as a nurse started to become the true focus of the site, and Digital Doorway then morphed and evolved into a blog that truly focuses on nurses, nursing, and healthcare.

Digital Doorway has grown with me, and it has also pushed me to grow as a writer and communicator. This digital soapbox, if you will, allows me a platform for my opinions about the nursing profession and the healthcare industry, and the feedback from you, my readership, has been overwhelming.

As of today, Digital Doorway has received 421,390 page views, and the most popular individual posts have each received anywhere between 5,000 and 16,000 page views. 

The launch of Nurse Keith Coaching, RNFM Radio, and the recent birth of The Nurse Keith Show are the most exciting ways that this blog has spurred my growth as a nurse entrepreneur, and I'm grateful to those of you who have come along for the ride.

If you're so moved, please consider subscribing to this blog, as well as subscribing to The Nurse Keith Show and RNFM Radio on iTunes. Podcasts are quickly becoming the most popular form of digesting online information, and if you subscribe and download us to your various devices, you can take us along as you run, walk the dog, commute to work, or work out at the gym.

Thank you again for an amazing 10 years, and I look forward to Digital Doorway's 20th anniversary in 2025!

No comments: